Wednesday, December 2, 2015

December

Dear Family and Friends,
 
I know you already know it's December but I was reminded this morning by a chilling zero degree temperature outside! I did not expect that at all, but it's not entirely surprising. God kind of does things his way and that's all that needs to be said about it.
 
For Thanksgiving I was privileged to take part I a sheep slaughter yet again :) That is going to be a memory that I never forget! The rest of the day we spent with several different families in the Branch and had an overabundance of food, true to typical holiday experiences. Not to take away from that by any means my favorite part of the week was on Sunday because there were some talks that really gave me the uplifting that I needed. One quote that I remember specifically is from a conference talk we listened to in our combined third hour by President Uchtdorf "Gratitude is the catalyst of all other Christ-like attributes." I realized how true that is. Another thing that I liked from this talk was the recognition that if we cannot find something to be grateful for in every circumstance then we have great need to repent. There is always something to be grateful for.
 
I am not going to endeavor to recount all of the things I am grateful for, but I do want to tell each of you that read this, you are reason enough to be grateful for a lifetime. All of you are such a strength to me and I wouldn't be who I am today if not for you. 
 
The work on Alamo is progressing. We are finding a lot of success with members that are truly turning to missionary work with full force. One Our branch Presidency is so very supportive and they sacrifice so much for the well being of the members and investigators here. It is humbling to see that week after week month after month, year after year their service has been dedicated and patient and loving. We also have a couple of members that are on fire. To quote one that goes out with us twice a week nearly every week "If you really give your whole heart and your whole soul to God, he will help you." I love that. My mom always taught me that the Lord really doesn't require much, just your heart. I know that this is true and I am glad to be able to say that I represent Christ in some small way. Not because I am perfect, in fact I am far from it, but because as it says in Psalm 19:7 "The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple." I sure try to overcomplicate things but the Lord reminds me daily that the simplicity of his Gospel is perfect wisdom. This month is a time to reflect on the birth of our savior, and I would add your birth and every day up until now. Everything about Heavenly Father's plan is perfect and so right now for each of us is a perfect opportunity to follow His plan and be committed to live our lives in Glory to his name. I love you each very much! Have a great week! 
 
Ayoo Aniinishni 

Elder McGarry

The Sheep of choice for the day. (It jumped over me when I bent down to stop it's charge the first time​!)
I'll refrain from sending the others. I'll take some more and send them next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment