Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Merry Christmas!!

Dear Family and Friends,

I am now serving in Las Cruces New Mexico, I have  a new companion who has been out for 5 weeks (Short transfer for Christmas) and we are serving in the Dona Ana & the Picacho wards of the Las Cruces stake. I am so excited to be here, ans we have already seen so many miracles just this week! There are two investigators planning to be baptized in January, and another young couple just moved into the ward of which the Husband stood and said "I'm not a member yet but I want to be Baptized." During Priesthood. Good things just seem to happen when you're doing what the Lord wants you to do, right? Not to say that all is rainbows and butterflies because it's not. I am often running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Yet everything seems to be so in order. The spirit guides and directs as we are in tune and willing to comply with it's promptings. 

Ok, My new address is 3240 Venus St. Apt 14 Las Cruces NM, 88012. I am actually living right next to the chapel again so that's nice! My companion is Elder Schmitt originally from Colorado (Near Denver) and more recently from Bransen Missouri. He is a great Elder, just out of the MTC. He came pre-trained in a lot of ways though. He is a great teacher and a great people person. I am excited to get to know him better and serve our hearts out here in this great area. The people here are pretty friendly for the most part. The first person I really talked to on my first day was a guy fixing his car. He said "I don't believe in anything", and that caught me off guard because I'm new to the whole OYMing thing again. But we left him with at least a bit of encouragement and a Christmas card. 

I'm excited to be in a new area again, but not excited that 14 months of my mission have flown by. I'll be enjoying every minute of these next ten months. I hope that all of you have a merry Christmas and I'll talk to a lot of you very soon!
 
Elder McGarry
 
 All four of us served on the Res! Alamo or Laguna​
 My New Companion Elder Schmitt

No comments:

Post a Comment