Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Attitude of Grattitude

Dear Family and Friends,

Last night we conducted a family night activity of writing down five things we are grateful for. I know that my list is in reality much longer than five things but I was able to narrow it down for the purpose.  I had a thought (yes yes, proceed jokes of "wow you actually had a thought"). I enjoy writing letters, though I don't always know how they are received. My invitation in this regard is to let me know what things you want to hear more about and I'll try to include them in my e-mails as time goes on. Fair Enough? Deal :)

This week has flown by! I'll be brief because I'm out of time. Things are going well here in Alamo. I'm excited for Thanksgiving as it will be a great opportunity to meet a few new people through family events. Things like that are always great in an area where there is no active proselyting allowed. The biggest update for this week is that I am super excited about the member involvement in the missionary work. We have a couple of members that are now actively participating in going out to teach lessons multiple times each week. That makes such a great transition for people coming into the church. We had some great opportunities this past week and while there is a lot of anguish from investigators that don't want to progress, we are also seeing many miracles of finding people who are prepared to receive the Gospel. One in particular is the mother of a girl that the missionaries use to teach. As we met with her it seemed almost like she had listened to conference talks and was trying to teach her children how to live as was taught. I can't say that she did but that just gives an idea of her preparation to learn the Gospel. 

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving! 
 
Ayoo' Aniinishni​​
 
Elder McGarry 

 This tree is about to get washed away in the Arroyo

Exchanges with the Zone Leaders who serve in my last area (Sage) and cover the Spanish ward (Rio Grande South). Plus awkward shadows on our faces... Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment