Monday, December 7, 2015

Revelation

Dear Family and Friends,
 
I want to start off by saying that this week I am e-amiling early because of a mission conference tomorrow. Also, next week is transfer week (One week early) because of Christmas the week after that.. ALREADY!!! Where has time gone? Can I please just stay here forever? My heart is breaking a little thinking about how short the time is. But I know I will be where the Lord wants me to be when he wants me to be there because I trust that through his revelations comes all knowledge and wisdom, worlds without end. Sorry, that's just a piece of my soul out there, but I couldn't stop it. So what you need to know is two Monday P-days in a row, this week and next week. I don't know if I'll be transferred or not yet but time will tell, and I'm not going to worry about it.
 
This week has been pretty emotional for me. So many things going on that are just little tests from the Lord and through each of these experiences I have felt his love and mindfulness of ME more than any other time can think of. You know those times when you just feel like it can't get much better than this, well I'd say that but I know God would just laugh because this doesn't even begin to compare with eternal life.
 
So what happened? Well we have had a couple of days that were really bad because of so many events going on that people from the Res just disappeared. In those moments if you don't have revelation you might as well be a rock in the middle of the road because that is how I felt a couple of times. And just in one such moment as that we felt that we should go to a less active that we can never catch at home. So with the member driving we headed that way (to Egypt as we call it because it opens up into a big flat plain). At the top of a hill there was a truck that ran out of gas right in the middle of the road. We go tout and helped push them to the side and then they switched gas tanks (Don't know why they didn't think of that sooner) jumped their truck and they went on their way. After that we got to the member's house and they were not home. Well at that moment was when the Lord reminded us of a former investigator family who lived close by. As we got there we were invited in for the first time in who knows how long. We taught one of the most powerful lessons on the restoration I have ever been in. We gave a blessing to each of their children and by that time the I just felt like commanding a mountain to move because I knew I could. Well, wait a minute! slow down there my friend, I didn't actually do that because I know it was not really me doing any of this. But I do know, by this and countless other experiences, that God speaks to his children! If we are willing to listen and act on the promptings that we receive then we can know that with a perfect knowledge. My companion said something that applies to this. It was something along the lines of "A testimony that we keep to ourselves is not a testimony at all. If we share it we not only keep it, we strengthen it. If we do not share it, we lose it." It is as simple as that. I hope that each of you are seeing the revelations of God in your life, if not (Mosiah 4:10-12) there needs to be a change because you are living FAR below your privileges! That being said, there is no depth, nor breadth, nor height that can escape the understanding and Love of God. I love you all so very much, and I hope that this week is fantastic for each of you. Though life is not always like a warm summer day, peaceful and calm, our hearts and souls can be with a knowledge of our Father in heaven and his Son Jesus Christ who made it possible by his atoning sacrifice.  
 
Ayoo' Aniinishni​​ 
 
Elder McGarry
 
 A little blurry but this is of Exchanges with Elder Walch (and Elder Dunn creepin' in the background.)​
The view from the front porch of our trailer this morning as the sun rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment