Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Testimony

Dear Family and Friends,

First things first, We moved this week!! Our old Apartment was in need of some serious work and vermin are not the best company so that's all I'm going to say about that... Our new address is 2300 Diamond Mesa Tr. SW Unit #3101 Albuquerque NM, 87105. We are still getting settled in a little bit but the main event an stress of moving is over. Wow it's a lot to juggle in between so many appointments and working with another set of Edlers and all that stuff. So My thoughts might be a little scattered, now you know why.

A spiritualy giant week just came and went. Guess who we met in person? Elder Holland! HE looks a lot different in person but his enthusiasm for the gospel and this divine work is very much the same. He told us about the birth of Preach My Gospel, and that it is an effort to make truly converted missionaries that can then share that conversion with others. I can attest that teaching out of Preach my Gospel is an exhausting and often an overwhelming challenge each day. There are so many aspects of the gospel and so ay people with different needs that we have to touch on.

My gratitude is enormous to my Heavenly Father for giving me the spirit and strength to be able to keep up with all the work. I have much to learn and much to share. The most important thing to remember though, is that the Atonement of Jesus Christ our Lord is the very central point of everything. All other aspects of the Gospel are only appendages to that infinite and all powerful sacrifice. Let us look at the example of King Lamoni's father for a moment. Alma 18-23 ish... He goes from a worldly king trying to kill his own son for not harkening to his words, to a humbled and spiritual giant willing to "give up all that [he possesses], yea [he] will forsake [his] kingdom..." Not only that though. He goes further to say that "[He will forsake all his sins to know [God]" Well I think all of us are at a point were we recognize that we have to give up our sins. to know god. But are we willing to give up ALL of them. How often do we put all the sins we are willing to give up on a big table before the lord telling him that we will let go, but we hold that One behind our back hoping that he won't notice our favorite sin. He says that he is pleased with our willing ness to give up so many things for him. But the only thing He wants is that one that we have behind our back. For Abraham, it was Isaac. For each of us it is something else. Please let us give up everything because we can't progress until we do. There are so many people that hold on for years, fighting against God and sometimes they never get it. God is patient. He will wait until you are ready. But you can't expect him to change his rules and say eventually that it's ok for You to have that One sin. He would cease to be God! And the other thing is if we wait for that to happen, eventually we will die, God won't. And then it's too late. The day is now, the Time is now. for each of us. 2 Corintians 6:2 and Alma 34:32-34.
 
In this world there are so many things that we could be doing. So many good things. I recognize the efforts that each person makes are often the most they can possibly do with the understanding they have. We can't run faster than we have prepared ourselves for. But if we start now we can run fast enough for the Lord to quicken us in his time. The Atonement has more power than any of us can even comprehend, are we at least trying though? I submit that I have not. I know that I could do better. Because "God is so easy to please, but never easy to satisfy."- Elder Holland. So when we are ready to apply the Atonement, the Lord will help us, but we have to throw down our weapons of rebellion, and not only that but Burry them deep in the earth! Lest we be tempted to take them up again. We have a testimony (Finally tying it in, I know you were wondering why I titled it that) of the Atonement. But are we converted to it? If so then as Christ said "When thou are converted, strengthen thy bretheren." I love each one of you and I want you to know that there is support and guidance for each situation that we go through. Live up to your potential.

I have one more thing to mention. Frank Segura. He is an investigator Elder Hardy and I found a few weeks ago and passed off to the single's branch Sisters. He is being baptized this week and we had a very powerful lesson with him yesterday at the invitation of the sisters. He said he had a doubt, and never told us what it was but the spirit overcame it through our words and the scriptures. We all will be backed up to the wall of faith at some point, and we Must act in faith. That is the very start of all things gospel related. He asked me to baptize him and I am honored that he did. That will be this coming Saturday. Have a fantastic week!

​Love,​
Elder McGarry

I almost forgot, I have a challenge for each of you: Write your testimony of the Book of Mormon e-mail it to me individually. I want some to print and put in the cover of the ​books that I give to people in contacting. It doesn't have to be long or anything in particular, but just a brief description of how you came to know the Book of Mormon is true, and maybe a scripture that has helped you in that pursuit or in life in general. Thanks! Love ya!
 
Picture of district meeting and the skyped in Alamo reservation elders.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment