Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The Other Side

Dear Family and Friends,

I am so full of joy and happiness from this last weekend. I know a little better what Nephi felt when he said that He was filled with the Holy Ghost and could not be touched. Not saying that I couldn't be touched, but there were many experiences that were very spiritual and dealing with the other side of the veil this weekend. These are truly the experiences that "fill our Lamps with oil." I wish that I could share the feelings and witnesses gained as a result but alas I cannot. But I can share the experiences that brought them about, and show you how you too can have the "oil" filling your lamp.

First off, Great news! Lisa got baptized on Saturday! She asked me to talk about the Holy Ghost, and let me tell you I might as well have filled the font too, because it was a very powerful spirit that was there. I am so grateful to have had the chance to be part of her journey, and this is only the beginning! Later we had a powerful lesson with Nelly and Jose who are preparing to be baptized this coming Saturday!! Lisa also asked me to come to the confirmation circle in her ward. (A little clarification, Lisa was originally taught by Elder Christensen and I, then passed off to the Ladera sisters, so she was subsequently, taught, baptized and confirmed in their ward.) That was my first opportunity to be part of a confirmation circle and again I was overwhelmed with the Love of our Savior and His Spirit. In our ward we had the opportunity to help bless a baby in the O'Connor Family. Brother O'Connor is just like a brother to me and it was such a great experience, especially since I was not able to be there for my newest nephew Lokk's blessing. We then had the chance Sunday night to give another blessing (That's like 11 this weekend) at the Yazi's home. They have recently started taking temple preparation classes in order to receive their endowments and perform ordinances for their close family who have passed on. This was one of the most powerful blessings I have been privileged to experience and be the mouthpiece for, and again this is only the beginning! I have so much to look forward to, as do we all!

The Lord is so good to me. I have great need to express my nothingness and my gratitude for everything he has done for me. I have been blessed with all of you as family and friends. I have been blessed with a loving mother and father. I have been blessed more abundantly than I deserve. And as King Benjamin says, even if I were to labor ALL my days and give all that I am to serve the Lord, yet I would be an unprofitable servant. But the Lord asks us to do something that we can all accomplish. That is to come to him with a broken heart and a contrite spirit and he will mold us into what he truly wants us to be. That I know to be true. Don't let fear or doubt keep you from the blessings your father has for you. Only let yourself submit to obedience and then you will be able to be what he wants you to be.

I love you all, and I wish you the best week, as this will undoubtedly be the best so far of my mission, respectively, as the ones to come will be even better yet.

--
​Love,​

 Elder McGarry


Lisa, Right after the Baptism​
Elder Hardy's mirror selfie or wait... Guard dogs on the ROOF?? What? Only New Mexico I guess... Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment