Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Opposition in All Things

Dear Family and Friends,

This week has been a little bit of an adjustment period. I have enjoyed getting to know my new companion! We have only a few similar interests which is a little different than my previous companion, but we have one purpose and one goal. To serve the Lord with all our heart, might, mind, and strength. I have had to really focus on serving my companion and showing that I love him. I know that we can't do the Lord's work if we are not perfectly unified and open in communication with each other. I have already gained a strong connection with his testimony of his Family and the life experiences that he has had to get him where he is. The Lord blesses each one of us so much. I am grateful to have Elder Hardy. We cam out on the same airplane from the MTC so we have both been out only 3 months. That makes us possibly one of the "youngest" (I know I'm not young out here! Haha but I love it!) companionships in the mission :)

This area is exploding still. I can't even count how many investigators we are working with, and we got 5 more new ones last week. I feel overwhelmed that the work is so fantastic and the Lord is blessing us so much for our diligence. One miracle story from yesterday, we had planned on going to meet two potential investigators (on top of the 5 new last week) and they fell through. We were driving to a less active in the area and I felt a prompting to stop by a part member family who's son Jesse was a new investigator from two weeks before. He had told us he would contact us when we could meet again and the time had passed on Sunday so we had to check in. He let us in and we had a very powerful lesson on the priesthood and his mother shared a very powerful testimony. Then his daughter (Katelyn: 9 years old) asked us "what is the purpose of Life?" WHAT?! A 9 year old really? That was amazing, we shared a piece of the plan of salvation and told her that she would get to see her mother (April passed away July 5, 2012) again. Another powerful moment. Yet still I was asked to give Jesse a blessing and I cannot put in words what feelings I felt as that blessing spilled out of my mouth. I know that the Lord will fulfill all his prophesies! All that those who are willing, he will accept. I love this work.

My thought for this week is actually about the priesthood. I have had a lot of conversations about it this week. A 12 year old is going to be baptized and another 16 year old we are trying to help get active to receive the office of a priest. There is power in the priesthood. A worthy twelve year old boy, ordained to the priesthood by someone holding the authority, has more authority than the president, or any wordly ruler of nations or people this world has ever seen. He has the authority to command the Angels of Heaven to administer to those in need of the Lord's blessing. That is only the beginning. We are so blessed to have that to bless the lives of those around us. 2 Nephi 27:23 "...I am a God of Miracles..." That is a truth and he blesses us according to our faith and obedience. May we all follow the council in D&C 123: 17 "Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do‍ all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation‍ of God, and for his arm to be revealed." By showing that diligence and then the patience to God we will witness mighty miracles to come. I Love you all very much and I can't wait to hear how you are doing and about your lives and lessons. Have a great week!

Love,
Elder McGarry

The District out for Lunch after District Meeting

The Alley of Red Chilies in Old Town​

No comments:

Post a Comment