Wednesday, January 21, 2015

New Beginnings

Dear Family and Friends,
Transfers were quick and efficient and we are settled in with the start of a new transfer. It's very refreshing, like a new year, or a birthday or a holiday, or any day really! We have the chance to reflect and recommit ourselves to living better. My love for my companion Elder Christensen is not going to diminish. We have the privilege now of learning new lessons from new people and new circumstances. My new companion is Elder Hardy! He's from Springfield Virginia! That's about 10-20 minutes outside of Washington D.C. I am so excited to get to know him and work with him, especially when there is so much momentum in this area and the spirit that is here. I have included a picture right after we were assigned together. Not only do I get a new companion, Now I get to drive! That's weird having driven since I was 16 (Ok it was really 14 or maybe even 13) I think that is the longest period of time I have been without driving.
The work is going so well. We are looking forward to Lisa's baptism on the 31st and even though we don't get to teach her, we get to be there for that wonderful day. We have an investigator, Marie who will attend and she has a date for Feb. 14. We have had a hard time getting in touch with Andrew because his mother wants him to play soccer and his games are on the weekends when he normally comes to stay in our area with his grandparents. But He is very excited to be baptized, and very prepared. We just need to get the date set and have a few more follow-up lessons.
My thoughts right now are, WOW where does all the time go? There is never enough time to get done everything that I want to. I have missed three days in my journal this week. Most since I got here. The Lord has truly blessed me with so much but I still do the best that I can. Life continues to teach me and I just try to absorb everything that I can, and remember it. :)
This week I feel prompted to share the principle of grace. We learn grace for grace and line upon line. Precept upon precept. We have to learn this way. We cannot be expected to live the laws that God live right now because we are not able to. But as we learn a small piece then we are able to master it and learn another. D&C 50:24 "That which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light, and continueth in God, receiveth more light; and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day." How much hope does that bring. WE as imperfect beings can achieve perfection. But only by constant or diligent application of simple things that compound on each other. We can be purified. If we are not learning or progressing, then we have need to repent. There is something that we are not getting or not doing. I have seen that in my life and I felt like I really needed to share that this week. D&C 50: 40-41 the promise. Rely on the Savior. I hope and pray that you all have a great week.
Love,
 
Elder McGarry




No comments:

Post a Comment