Thursday, March 24, 2016

Trusting in the Lord

Dear Family and Friends,

Thanks for all your letters and support. I am very blessed to have each of you in my life! This week has been kind of interesting. Really I thought or at least hoped it would be the most normal week of our transfer up to this point. If you don't think God has a sense of humor, try telling him what you are going to do tomorrow. Most everything this week has gone in a path alternate to my original presumptions. We had an investigator from Nigeria, who we fully felt would be Baptized before she left to Nigeria on March 7th, and that has been changed to the first week after she gets back from Nigeria in April. That will be a good thing overall. She is going to take a Book of Mormon in her native language of Yobura to her mother who is in Nigeria as well. She will then bring her youngest daughter back to the US to be with the family (and to witness her Baptism)!

I have seen this week how communication is so critical. I have seen how planning is essential to effective time management. I have been studying Charity and Virtue. I know that we are nothing without Charity. Virtue is often applied directly to moral purity, though it is so much more than that. Certainly it is found as the deepest and innermost thoughts and intents of our heart and are of pure and honest intent. I think of the Woman who thought if she could but touch the hem of Christ's garment she would be healed. So she did, and so she was. Upon the instant that this transpired, Christ asked who it was that had touched him, noting the he had felt "virtue" leave him. This I interpret that because Christ's only and pure intent was always and ever will be to heal those who truly come unto him with faith, this miracle was brought to pass. Thus we see that virtue applied to all aspects of life is a purity with intentions no matter what we are trying to accomplish. It is no question that immorality then would be a direct indicator impure intent, it being a selfish and lustful desire from it's very root. Christ taught us by his example that with that purity of intent we can ask for whatsoever thing we desire from the Lord and he will give it to us because he knows our intent and the purity thereof. Honesty is an open and outward expression of Virtue, and therefore is also very important. Virtue cannot exist without Honesty. I trust that the Lord wants what is very best for each of his children and this is why he has done anything that he has done. It is also the reason that he Allows us through his gift of agency to choose our own path. If we follow him and keep his commandments we will not want for anything. I know that is true. I love you all! Have a great week!



Elder McGarry

​P1- The Border fence to Mexico! My area is in New Mexico and Texas and touches the Mexico Boarder. I literally through a rock into mexico from here! :)
P2 - Fathers and sons! My companion's son is with my son in my last area right now. Fun stuff! 

No comments:

Post a Comment