Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Temple Trip

Dear Family and Friends,

Yesterday we had a temple trip in our mission. We departed early, around 6:30 am and returned very late, about 8:00 pm. We were only able to do one temple session during that time. I wish that I could share the things that I learned, but that will have to be done through other channels. I want to emphasize the importance of the temple though! It is really a heaven on earth. I feel so much peace while attending, and  even thinking about going. 

This week we have had a lot of things turn down on us. Most of our investigators are not really progressing at all. We have had some really awesome people we've come in contact with, but mostly we've been preparing people for the future. Christine is off to Nigeria and won't be back until April. We will work toward her Baptism then. In the mean time we'll be searching or, then teaching and inviting those elect whom God has prepared. I'm happy to be serving in El Paso, I really like it hear. I was reminded of the Fragility of life on the way over here today seeing a motorcycle accident with a very bad looking outcome. 

I think I have learned a lot about myself lately and that is a really important thing. Sometimes we are so busy trying to do everything we should that we forget that we have to be aware of ourselves and who and what we are. Take comfort in knowing that potential is limitless in God's eyes and we are his children. I love you all! Have a great week!
 
Elder McGarry
 

 The Crew headed to the Temple​
 
The Crew at the Temple :)

No comments:

Post a Comment