Thursday, March 24, 2016

Three Quarters

Dear Family and Friends,

I write this week at the start of a new transfer in the Mt. Franklin zone still serving in the 5th ward. My address is still the same too :) We had quite a few changes in our zone, and with that comes different horizons and different challenges to face with great blessings in store. I had an slightly awkward moment when I saw a sister missionary that came out on the same plane as me going home yesterday. It feels so weird having had so much time go by in such a quick flash. 

I was also reminded of a missionary earlier on who told me an analogy. He said that missions are like the 400 m run in track. Anyone who has run one of those would know that there are 4 main parts to that race. Not to go into a lot of detail but the last part of that race is the time to really bring it home. Haha in more than one sense for the analogy. I feel invigorated and I am excited to see how these last six months turn out. Three quarters of the way and still truckin'!

We are still in a finding stage in our area. Not much progression in our investigators right now. No matter what you do, sometimes you just can't help people. They have to make the choice to act, and that cannot be taken away. In the mean time we are really focused on seeking new people to teach. (Similar to Jennifer eh?) Our focus of studies has been seeking referrals. There is so much more to do and so many more people to teach, sometimes we just forget to knock. Then the Lord has to shake us up a bit in order to get us to actually listen. So yes, constantly striving to listen to the spirit is a lifetime pursuit. Looking forward to much more learning and growth this week! I love you all :) Have a great week!
 
Elder McGarry
 
 Transfer day, with some new Elders for the day :)
 For service we went to an air museum and climbed on some antique aircraft this week :) FUN​

No comments:

Post a Comment