Tuesday, February 2, 2016

New Life

Dear Family and Friends,

I am gone again! This Transfer came and went in a whirlwind! The past seven weeks have been so wonderful with finding new investigators and preparing people for Baptism. One of the Many miracles was with Martin who told us his testimony and how he has changed so much in the past month. Rewind a second, we found him on January 1 from the area book, we just had a feeling we needed to stop by. As we talked to He and Yvette they told us that they were just thinking about going back to church. Now at the end of the month Martin has been through a transformation and He has been witness of it himself. He shared his love and appreciation for the savior whom he has never really known before because of the obscurity of the many religions he has been surrounded by. He has come to know the savior and that was such a touching moment for me. 

Now I'm in the El Paso 5th ward with sits right on the western border of El Paso Texas and overlaps into New Mexico.My New Companion is Elder Mackay from West Jordan Utah. He is a stud! There will be a picture at the end of the E-mail. We are covering the Mount Franklin West Zone and I'm super stoked to be here! It has been pretty cold lately, probably nothing compared to back home. It was raining yesterday morning and snowing in the middle of the day, while the sun came out... Not sure how that works but it's fairly common lately. 

As for the area, I don't know much about it yet. I did meet a member of the ward today, Grandpa he's called and Brother Arroyo by some. He is so awesome. He showed me pieces of stone from nearly every temple you could think of. He let me hold a piece of stone from the very original temple of Herod which he procured during one of his visits to Jerusalem. You can still see the stone cutting marks and the perfectly angled corner of the marble chip. As for the missionary work, there are four people on Date for Baptism and I'll have more info on them next week I'm sure. 

I'll take this chance to share a thought. From my reading this morning in Jesus the Christ I found it very poignant that Christ says we will give an account of every idle word we speak. In response to the accusatory Jews stabbing cunning doubts that he would cast out the devils by the power of beelzebub He makes it clear that a kingdom divided against itself Cannot and Will not stand. We know that the kingdom of the devil will not prevail. We must simply and devotedly serve the Lord in any and every way that we can. In word and in dead, preach the gospel and testify of truth. I love you all! Have a great week!


Elder McGarry

​P1 - New Comp
P2- Previous comp +2 :) Just before loading on the transfer van. ​

No comments:

Post a Comment