Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Passion

Dear Family and Friends,

This week has been one of learning and running around like my pants are on fire. I don't think I've been so busy in my entire life. I can't say that it's a bad thing though. I love serving the missionaries of the Mt. Franklin area. We had a crazy week leaving on Wed. to go up for MLC in Albuquerque. We stayed there most of the day Thursday in training and then had a four hour drive back home and a little bit of time to prepare for Zone Training on Friday morning.

We taught a few of our investigators in between our other meeting demands. That was probably the main highlight. We have some solid investigators! I have been able to street contact and tract a few times and that has required some Spanish on occasion. My companion hasn't learned much yet and neither have I, but I've been able to get enough across in Spanish to be able to get referrals for the Spanish missionaries in our area. That is pretty fun :)

I really had a cool moment in church this week! It's a brand new ward, and everyone is amazing. I was asked to give the invocation for sacrament meeting, that was good. But as I was sitting and listening to the testimonies, I was urged to pull out my "small plates" or my little spiritual thoughts and inspirations journal. I opened up and read about a time when I had realized that my life has been so fulfilling, but I had realized at the time that I had never really sought after anything with a full Passion. With the desire comparable to the need for air. My life has been so blessed and I feel that we all take so many things for granted. So at that moment I was reminded that I have passions. I am able to strive and push for my goals, rather than to passively wait for them to be fulfilled over time. I am realizing that more and more people these days aren't very passionate about anything that they do. And then there is the level of perspective, someone's degree of passion might be interpreted in another light entirely from different people's views. There is one thing for sure though, I am passionate about missionary work! I can't imagine my life without the blessings of the gospel and sharing that with others.
This adage can be one simple way to sum up my feelings on this topic, "What e'er thou art act well thy part." -David O. Mckay 

I hope that each of you have a great week! My invitation this week would be to find what you love and strive for it. Be fully engaged and active in pursuing the things that God has allowed you to pursue because of your circumstances or your unique personality. Want it as much as you want to breathe! Moroni tells us to lay hold upon every good gift. Let's do it :) I Love you all!



Elder McGarry


​P1- At Sparky's a national best burger joint in Hatch NM. A member bought us all dinner there out of the kindness of his heart.
P2-​ At the Outlets of El Paso. (el companioero wanted to get some new recreational clothing.)


No comments:

Post a Comment