Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Transfers and Miracles

Dear Family and Friends,

This next week is transfer week. Some changes about that, we will be doing transfers on Mondays in our mission now, so the P-day will always be on Tuesday after transfers and you will find out if I've moved only when I get there. It's been a seven week transfer due to Christmas, and the next one will be seven weeks due to the MTC adjusting back to a 3 week schedule. In other news we had a great Worldwide Missionary Broadcast this week! It was really inspiring and motivating. 

On thing that really stuck out to me was the importance of letting the spirit guide. I have known always that the spirit is the teacher, but I often try to identify and teach what the spirit is teaching. In take away I realize that I need to be more effective at facilitating learning by asking questions to help them understand the spirit and what it is teaching them. This has been a struggle. I think in my mission I have learned very well how to teach and even teach simply in many ways. I still need to simplify a great deal in all aspects of life and I feel refreshed when I do. i think often what I can do to have the Lord's spirit more abundantly in my life. 

This week we have had three miracles, first while contacting we had just found a solid referral for the Messilla Valley Elders when walking away a van pulled to the side of the road and asked us where our church was and what time it started, they wanted to come! Second, on the very next day, we met Andrew who appeared practically out of nowhere as we turned around from walking a quarter mile down a road with no success. He was hesitant at first but eventually opened up and told us he had been reading the night before about apostles and what they are and what they do. We said a prayer with him in which he asked us to pray for his father who had passed away and he wanted to make sure he was watching over him here on the earth. Third, and again the exact day following, we met Ricky who was dressed exactly as we were only with an added a sweater. After initiating the conversation he abruptly told us he reads from only the King James version of the Bible every single day. He knew that the Book of Mormon was given to Joseph Smith by an Angel but never had a chance to read it. We gave him a copy and he was elated to receive and have the opportunity to read it and find the additional testimony of the simple pure testimony it contains. These three of the Elect were placed in our path as we sought prayerfully to be in the right place, and to have eyes to see those whom the Lord has prepared as well as the words needed to touch their hearts and give them an opportunity to accept the restored gospel.

I love you all! Hope you have a great week! 
Elder McGarry


 Making Pizzas in an outdoor stone oven with a member
Service Project Yesterday :)​

No comments:

Post a Comment