Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Endurance

Dear Family and Friends,
 
Next week is our transfer meeting in the mission, and as a result we will be e-mailing on Monday instead of Tuesday. Just a quick heads up :) I am super excited about this weekend! We have a Baptism for three on Saturday and it's great to see a family embrace the gospel as well as Angela and Marvin have. I am inspired by their excitement and joy in the gospel.
 
This week I am changing my perspective that endurance is not something that has to be grueling or exhausting. in fact it can be something that we enjoy. I have enjoyed every part of my mission to this point and I still have much to look forward to. I think that sometimes we can get a perspective that endurance is a long, arduous process that can only be achieved by "putting our shoulder to the wheel." I'm not going to go into that any more, I just thought it was an important thing for me to mention.
 
This last week we had a very adamant request as to why we always tell people they have to be baptized in our church. I was taken aback by the abruptness and forcefulness of the request, though happily that we had discussed beforehand in our companionship the 27th chapter of 3 Nephi. It plainly illustrates that Christ's church must be called in his name and built upon His doctrine. His blueprint is so clear in the scriptures and it is duplicated perfectly in our day by his true church. I am glad that we were able to testify boldly of the truth of the Restored Gospel, yet it pains me so much when people see the truth and do not accept it. On another note, we also had a great moment where a recent convert who came to church really opened up about an experience that required forgiveness that most of us would feign draw nigh to even understanding. She has been struggling with her faith recently and it was a great pivotal moment for her in her testimony to build her faith on the principles of the gospel. I can't emphasize enough how much the time we spend at church can change our lives if we go for the right reasons, and ready to hear the whisperings of the spirit.
 
In pondering Proverbs 15:4 I have found that each worked we say is a representation of more than just the direction of our though patterns, it is a representation of who we are creating for our future. How can we ever expect better results if we never change anything that we are. I am grateful that our Lord cares enough about us to make mention, he notices even a hair of our heads fallen to the ground. How much more then does he notice the words that we say and the things that we are consciously aware of in our lives. He cares and will hold us accountable for all that we do, as a result we should take courage that even the smallest effort on our part brings him great joy and he will pour our his spirit as a result. I look forward to hearing from you all, and I am glad to have such great family and friends.
​Ponderizing: Luke 4:40-41​
 
​Ayoo' Aniinishni​​
 
Elder McGarry 


Cutest Halloween Costume I saw :) My comp is in there too, but it's the baby cowgirl with the stroller just to clarify.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment