Monday, August 17, 2015

Unexpected :/

Dear Family and Friends,
 
This past 12 weeks has flown by! I am glad I got to serve with Elder McUne. He is going to be transferred tomorrow, which was a little unexpected, but the Lord does what he needs to. My new companion will be coming from the MTC so that should be exciting. I will be fairly brief today because of time.
 
As for the week, we had a some interesting experiences. We were called out on Thursday night to go and bless a home which has been having some strange things happen. Their Father/Husband died a few years ago and since then the husband's family has been trying to take everything they possibly can from this family. We met the one guy who has been kind of the ring leader of all the trouble. We were told to go visit a relative of a member named John. We did and on the way found out that the nephew is the one that is causing all the problems. We decided that it was best to go, and we had a great meeting and they told us we could dome back. As we were driving away, though, the nephew stopped us and told us that we could not come back to their property. He said that they don't want us bothering their uncle. It is so sad to see how hard people's hearts can be. It is one thing to refuse the message of the gospel for yourself, but another entirely to refrain others from hearing the message. The good news is we talked to the Navajo Police and he told us that it is perfectly fine for us to go back and that he can't prevent us even if he wants to.
 
Another thing, turning back to the scriptures, in Alma 5 he talks about the holy calling by which he is called and also a mighty change of heart. I have been seeking a mighty change of heart for me and also praying a great deal for the people I serve. I have noticed that a gradual increase in Church attendance is notable, as well as an overall sense of acceptance and openness from a great deal of people. I know it is gradual, but I know that it works. :) I pray for you and I hope that everyone is getting settled and arranged for everything with school and shifting schedules and all that good stuff. I am excited to start a new transfer and to continue serving here in Alamo!
​​
Ayoo' Aniinishni
 
 
Elder McUne and Me

A big trail ride event that we stopped by for a minute. (Everyone asked us, "Where's your horse?" Others said, "You should have told me we have two horses at home you caould have ridden!" OH MAN, If only it wasn't against the rules... Oh well, soon enough!)​
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment