Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Alamo

Dear Family and Friends,
 
I am to excited to even express in words that my new area is Alamo Navajo Reservation in southern New Mexico. I am serving still in the same zone, which is pretty cool, but we are 2 hours away from the nearest set of missionaries in our zone. Oh well though because it is beautiful out here. My new companion is Elder McUne! He is from Lebanon Oregon and he grew up on a farm, that's very pertinent I know ;)
 
Before I go into too much detail, I want to say that Anthony's Baptism was fantastic. Elder Hardy performed the ordinance, and I spoke on the Holy Ghost. (I now have the chance to go to three Temple Sealing Ceremonies (You get to go for families/couples that you are part of the Baptism of) if the times comes before my mission is over, Neli & Jose, Melissa & Martin, and Trisha & Anthony. Super Stoked!!!) I also got to do the confirmation for Anthony last Sunday. That was pretty amazing. I am going to miss Sage area a lot. I made a lot of friends there and I love the people. Donald should still be working towards Baptism with Elder Hardy, hopefully soon!!!
 
As for Alamo, I am very humbled and grateful for the sacred trust that I have been given among these people. I have only been here one day but I already know I am going to love the people, though it will be hard because I hear they have a tendency to be very stubborn. Also reading the Book of Mormon takes on a whole new meaning. Especially "..go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites..."
 
Work is going great. It is getting pretty hot in New Mexico and that is not the greatest, but I can't complain. We really have it very easy in the mission. My reading has brought me again to Jacob chapter 5. I can't help but realize how much evidence there is that this truly is the last time the Lord is going to nourish his vineyard. We are in the last days and the Lord has call many to labor and also has commenced to nourish his vineyard and to give it much care. Each of us have been called to labor. The thing that stood out to me in the transfer meeting was that one Elder going home said "It is not enough to be an active member of Christ's church anymore, you have to be a proactive member." Each of us have also been nourished, and therefore we have no excuse but to bring forth good fruit or to be "hewn down and cast into the fire." My prayers are continually that I may have a softened heart to the point that I may be humble and hear the Lord's voice in all things. I pray that you may do the same and that thereby we may bring forth fruits worthy of repentance and truly be purified as he is pure. I love you all and hope that you have a great week.
 
 Ayóó'ánííníshní

Elder McGarry

Anthony's Baptism

I25 South, and the First Mountain to the south west. Alamo is way behind that mountain. To be continued... :)​

No comments:

Post a Comment