Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Fasting = Miracles

Dear Family and Friends,

I am so happy to announce that I have the best Mother in the world, indisputably. I want to wish you and all the other Mothers that have chance of reading this a most blessed mother's day. I can testify, and I'm sure many others can, that Motherhood is one of the most divine callings given in this world. We see the degradation of it and the family as a whole more and more every day. But thankfully we have words of prophets and if we choose to truly remember WHO we are, as a very simple phrase says Children of God, then we don't have to fear anything. A great talk was given in Women's conference on the defenders of the proclamation to the world. There were so many great talks given on the family in conference and I know that they were inspired for our time, and our day. 

A mighty miracle happened this week at church and I want to shift gears to my testimony of Fasting. Henry B. Eyring nailed in so I won't go into too much detail on it other than to say Read Isaiah 58. Such powerful promises. We know through repeated examples that prophets are guided through much "prayer and fasting." So again I won't go into great detail of why fasting is so important but know that it is. So this week Donald came to church. I know big deal right? Well he has been an investigator for 13 years! I have been praying for him since I got here nearly 7 months ago and it always is the same thing. He wants to be there but he doesn't come. We finally got him to commit to baptism on March 28 back in December. That was great and then the day cam and went. But there was something different. The day before the 28th he said I'll let you know tonight about tomorrow. He was serious. We had to tell him that he had to come to church two times first and he said he would just think about it. Well He came to Church! That was the beginning of a great miracle because he said he'll do everything he can to be there next week. The other miracle that came from fasting was Randal found a job. He has been looking for over 6 months and within a week of a special fast that we had for him he found a job! I know that fasting is a key to shedding light on darkness. It literally is like the morning breaking forth from the night. There is nothing that can stop it when the time comes as God has designed so beautifully. I am very humbled and grateful for the Lord and his many blessings. There are baptisms coming in the next couple of weeks. I will keep you updated. 

I love you all so very much and hope that you will continue to take steps to the peak of the mountain of life. The only way to reach the potential that God wants for us is to listen to him, in all things that we do. I know he guides and directs me in so many ways. I hope you have a great week!
 
Elder McGarry

Donald​ with a Bug A Salt gun. It shoots salt at flies and kills them :)

Our district meeting plus the Sister Training Leaders

No comments:

Post a Comment