Monday, April 13, 2015

Enduring

Dear Family and Friends,

Another transfer is over and another begins. I am happy to say that I will be able to stay in the Sage area and my Companion will also be staying. There are a lot of exciting things happening and I am so glad that I get to be part of them. More importantly, I am learning so many important lessons of patience and love for my companion, and revelation in my personal development as well as in missionary work. We are learning together lessons about planning and revelation.

There is a lot to be said about enduring. I means something different or is applied in different ways for everyone. I am probably not the best person to give any type of lesson on enduring. Looking back at my life I have had trials. I have had hard times that in the middle of those times I felt like I was not going to make it through. I felt like it wasn't worth pressing on. I have felt feelings of hopelessness. But all in all I have been blessed with a pretty wonderful life. I find strength in knowing that my Savior has been able to overcome all things, even death and sin and hell which are often thought of as some of the hardest things to overcome. Because of him I live today and for him I choose to live the very best I can. Because of God's plan Adam and Eve had to take upon themselves death, through their agency. It was temporary setback so that each of us  could also choose to follow God's plan. Each day comes and goes as God has planned. I often find myself stressing about what I need to do to do. I have to remember that it's not about what I need to do. I just want to do what God wants me to do and sometimes I really complicate that quite a bit. Especially here in the mission field because I have a responsibility to be in the right place at the right time much more than I would under other circumstances. But each of us have the privilege to make choices. To do what we know is right in whatever circumstance we are in. Our duties are all different. But we all live by the same laws and commandments. The Lord does not ask us to do anything that we can't do. That I know.

I heard again lately that there was an apostle that once said he prays that he will have the strength to continue faithful to the end. If he had need to pray for that then I think of how much more I need to have the strength to do the same. I pray for all of you and hope that you will recognize the hand of the Lord in each moment and each step of your lives.

Have a great week!

Love,
Elder McGarry

After District meeting with Elder Cannon, Campbell and ​Hardy


No comments:

Post a Comment