Tuesday, April 7, 2015

April Conference

Dear Family and Friends,

I can't even begin to say how much I learned at conference. I prepared a couple of questions and they were all answered in the first session, then expounded upon more and more. I took that and prepared more questions for the next day and received even more revelation. I see in my life that the council of prophets is truly the best way to turn to receive revelation from God. I loved Elder Holland's talk for so many reasons, first of which I felt like he was right back here again and like I had just shook his hand. Secondly I love rock climbing and that story really touched my heart. The Savior will always be the perfect person to rely on. He will be there to catch us before we fall and even any way along the fall if we choose to reach out to him. Another thing that I took away is that I need to walk with much more faith. I often want to see my path before me, but it is not often illuminated. That doesn't mean I should not press forward. As long as I have the Iron Rod in my hand, it doesn't matter how thick the mist of darkness becomes, I can still press forward knowing that I will make it to the destination that I am striving for. I love the peace that that knowledge brings. 

I hope that each of you had the chance to have some of you soul searching questions answered. If not, I urge you to prayerfully ponder those questions and write down some bit to remember them by, then as you listen to the talks that were given I can promise you that the spirit will give you the answers you are in need of. Revelation comes to those who seek it and prepare to receive it. Furthermore, you need a desire to act on the answers that you receive. If not then you lack "real intent" and the Lord knows. I trust that you all have the desire to draw closer to our savior. 

There is one more thing that I find worthy of note. Sometimes in seeking answers to questions we find only more questions. It may be something that we have to be broken down before we can rebuild. I have seen that in many ways in my life too. But I can so testify that as you come to the savior with a broken heart and a contrite spirit, he will build you into SO much more than you ever thought you could be. I know that with such conviction that I would give up everything that I am and that I have to realize that potential. I pray for you all. I love you and wish you the very best week of reflection and revelation. 

Love,
Elder McGarry

Pueblo of Isleta points of interest
'Greenery' of New Mexico :)


No comments:

Post a Comment