Monday, December 8, 2014

Miracle Month Report

Dear Family and Friends,
I have been so tremendously blessed in the work in this area. This past month we have been praying for Miracles, and they have surely been abundant. We have had so many powerful experiences and so many people willing to open up their hearts to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. In some small way the Lord always goes about performing Miracles, and if we put forth the effort we can be part of them.
I want to focus mostly on How we can bring Miracles about, not only in our own lives but in the lives of others as well. What we talked about in Zone Conference was what makes things Sacred. We took time to look at Temples, Martin's Cove, The Sacred Grove, and The Garden of Gethsemane. Reflecting on each of these places and the things that happened, or still happen, there was such a powerful spirit that came. Each of these places are Sacred. But what makes them that way. The Presence of God can be felt in each of them, to that I testify because I have been to them all with the exception of Gethsemane, but I still know that the Savior did atone for each and every one of us in that place so the very Son of God gave his all. For you. Words cannot describe what has been done for each of us, but there is one that comes close, and that is Sacrifice. The words Sacrifice and Sacred come from the same root word. It was quoted that Sacrifice is what makes things Sacred. When we give of ourselves in order to help or edify others, that is how we make things sacred. The testimony I have of Sacrifice is truly one of the most sacred things in my life. When I think of my ancestors, some still living, others who have passed on in the midst of tribulation, I can't express enough how grateful I am to them and their sacrifices. I know that I would not be where I am today if I was not willing to sacrifice, but to each of us Sacrifice has a different meaning. Some sacrifices may seem unimportant, or not meaningful when they are taken out of perspective. I would like to invite each of you to think about the sacrifices in your life, and probably even more dear to your hearts, those sacrifices that have been made for you and your life. Then you will see the Miracles that have been brought to pass. Each of us is a miracle, and when we make sacrifices for the Lord and for others then we are able to make miracles happen in the lives of those around us.
Often times it is uncomfortable, or scary, or we don't think that it will make "that big of a difference." But I testify that any sacrifice even the very smallest in our eyes, with a touch of the Masters hand can make a mighty change and a miracle in the world around us and in the eternal perspective of our Father's plan. I am so humbly grateful for all of the sacrifices that have been made on my behalf. I Wish with all of the energy of my heart that I could show to all of you what those sacrifices mean to me, but That is why I invite you to ponder on those sacrifices that have been made for you. Then you will have some feeling of the appreciation that I have for these things. I love each of you and I hope that we can all continue to learn and grow in all areas. With that thought I will close and look forward to the new week and start of another fantastic Transfer here in the Sage area!

-Elder McGarry
Beautiful sunrise this morning. Pictures don't even do it justice!! 
Faces on a tree in our area

No comments:

Post a Comment