Thursday, June 23, 2016

NAMM So Far

Dear Family and Friends,

Up to this point in my mission I have come to love and be comfortable with the great level of dedication and consecration that missionaries have for the most part. Despite popular opinion, missionaries are not prefect, but in terms of obedience I have been blessed to serve with some really great and wonderful missionaries. A lot of that has to do with the leadership of President Miller, and it has been such a great privilege to get to know him these past 20 months. Sadly this is the last week President Miller will be here, and some of you might be seeing him more frequently than I will in cache valley. I'm so grateful for the dedication and service of He and his wonderful wife Sister Miller who have really made this mission blossom and excel. They are spiritual Giants and I have grown to love them so much! They will be greatly missed. 

Looking to the next week, we are going to have a lot to do! We have had two great miracles so far this week. On Sunday we met a young man in the River's Edge YSA who is scheduled to be baptized July 9th. There is a family in the stake that has been working with him for a few months now and he finally transitioned into the YSA where he can be fully fellowshipped and nurtured from here on out. That is something we are looking forward to. The other is a YSA aged young man that just moved from Michigan. His mother is a member and he is very interested in learning. He had a group of friends that he played in a band with back in Michigan who got into drugs and he didn't want to be in that environment so he came out here to live with his mom. The Lord is surely preparing people! 

We also look forward to the welcome of our new Mission President Tim Guffey who will be here before I e-mail you again. It's sinking in about now... This feeling of change is one of my favorite things in the world. Just like when people ask me what is my favorite time of year it is the next one. From Summer to Fall, Fall to Winter, Winter to Spring, and Spring back to Summer it is the change on the air and all around that invigorates me and motivates me to continue to change who I am to be a little bit better every day. I can always pull from past experiences and learn from them but the true test is applying and changing because of them, that is my goal. I love you all and hope that you are enjoying the warmth. 

Have a great week!
 
Elder McGarry
 
Elder Gardner and I holding on for life... not really. But I still can't wait to climb things again!


 The view from the Rio Grande Gorge Bridge between Taos and Tres Piedres New Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment