Thursday, May 19, 2016

I'm Still Here :)

Dear Family and Friends,

We have been busy this week! We got a late start with Zone Conference planning due to some other arrangements we had to make in order to open a new area down in El Paso. On Preparation day we were out and about with two service projects in the morning. This was pretty cool, so the Church sent down a big shipment of mattresses to donate to Catholic Charities who is using them to furnish places for refugees. We helped unload the semi into the Catholic Charities warehouse just down the road from the mission office. There was an over abundance so we also unloaded 20 or so beds into the bishop's storehouse. 

After that we had a couple of meetings with some other missionaries and the stake president in the Santa Fe stake. Sorry it's been a little scattered lately, I'll try to be a little more consistent. I'll let you know in advance, next week we will be e-mailing in Wednesday because zone conference will be on Tuesday. 

For a spiritual standpoint, I had a very revelatory experience at Church this last Sunday. we now have meetings at the YSA Branch from 10-2 and the Family Ward from 2-5 so that's usually a full day as well. The thing that hit me this week is I need to be singing more. By that, I mean that I have had some lack of spiritual direction that I felt I needed and I have found that by having a hymn on my mind all day it keeps me directed a aptly where I need to be. This week I have been singing "Have I done any Good." I am grateful for the wonderful example that my mother has given me to use music in a positive and beautiful way in my life. We also met a new Investigator at Church on Sunday. His name is Buddy, and he is partly from a Pueblo and partly from the Laguna reservation. He said he'll be coming to church every week and he is so happy to have met this congregation. He's so awesome!

More next week! Love you all!

Elder McGarry

No comments:

Post a Comment