Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Greenie

Dear Family and Friends,

Because of Transfers I had to e-mail today, Lucky me :) Can I please just be a greenie again? We have had some super solid missionaries come into the field his week! It's going to be awesome to see how they move forward from this point and through their first 12 weeks of training.

This week we taught Buddy, our investigator who has set his own baptismal date he wants to do it so badly. We have had to adjust it a couple of times because of how much he works and has to reschedule the teaching. We finally got to teach about the Word of Wisdom and at first he said how the only thing that would be a concern is the tea. He drank instant iced tea daily, and by the end of our lesson he asked us to follow him back to see if the tea was against the Word of Wisdom (having been around herbal tea which is ok, we felt it was worth checking into). When we confirmed that it was not kosher he immediately told us to take it and dispose of it. He has so much Faith it is unreal sometimes. The Baptism will be in the not too distant future now that they are finished harvesting on their farm for a little while. 

Other than that we are in a mode of finding investigators and trying to follow up and visit with some others that have been hard to get in with lately. If at the very least I can have Green Chile when I come home next year, then I'll be mildly satiated, but not entirely satisfied. I've been trying to get my date extended but it doesn't seem to be an easy task anymore. I'm just gonna catch some greenie fire and burn myself out. That's the best thing any of us can do, sprint to the end :)

I love you all and hope that you have a great week!
 
Elder McGarry 

The Alamo Bro's -Minus two; one who happens to be my son, he didn't come to the transfer site, and another who is going home today
Elder Roll, a Super Stellar Missionary From Seatle Washington. He went home today as well :( On to bigger and newer and brighter things :)

No comments:

Post a Comment