Friday, October 24, 2014

Hello Family and Friends,

It's crazy how time is morphed at the MCT. Every day seems to go by in the blink of an eye and I'm struggling to fit everything in, yet this first week feels like I've been here a month. I have been learning so much. It's crazy that I'll be flying out to Albuquerque already on Monday!!! We leave at 4:35 AM so it's two more days and I'll be set out into the real world. No more mock runs, no more role playing investigators, this is the real deal and I'm SO Stoked. I'm gonna miss having so many people to bounce ideas off of and having the constant support knowing that everyone around me is struggling and striving to learn how to teach and listen to the spirit and the wants and needs/concerns of investigators all at the same time. Luckily growing up with Triplet little sister has helped my brain to better understand the meaning of "multi"-tasking. (Not saying that's a bad thing sisters :) 
I have not been very successful at gaining weight yet. But hey it's fine, I'm still trying and happy to be where I'm at. Speaking of where I'm at, this is my Last P-day here at the MTC, and all those letters I was promised... I haven't seen very many of them yet, better get on that. You know who you are! Thanks to all of you for your support and love. I know that the lord blesses our lives as we apply the atonement and invoke the promise that the Lord has given, "I the Lord am bound when ye do what I say, but when ye do not what I say, you have no promise." The atonement isn't just for sins of commission, it should by applied regularly to our lives to strengthen us in reaching our goals. The Lord wants to help us become everything we want to and more. Let him, that's all. My thought for the day from the scriptures is this:

D&C 19:38 "Pray always, and I will pour out my Spirit upon you, and great shall be your blessing- yea, even more than if you should obtain treasures of earth and corruptibleness to the extent thereof."

Pray and ask for his help. Take five minutes from playing a game on your phone, on facebook, on youtube, whatever it is and the blessings will far outweigh the effort put in if you are willing to simply ask. I love you all so much and I can't wait to tell you about Albuquerque next time I write.



 Displaying GOPR2318.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment